We, at Career Clinic, know how essential it is to you to keep your privacy. We will adhere to all applicable privacy and data protection laws regarding your personal information and sensitive information in order to meet your expectations.
Here is a concise matter of our privacy policies:
- We only gather & save the information necessary to fulfill your request or provide you with requested information that is customized to your interests.
- We will not keep your information or any sort of sensitive data. We'll delete it if we don't need it and you don't want us to hold it.
- We will make every effort to provide straightforward explanations because we want you to comprehend everything we do with your information. We guarantee 100% transparency.
- You will get what you hear from us and how, no extra talk.
- This applies to everyone. Without your consent, we do not disclose your valuable personal information to third parties for marketing purposes or anything of that sort.
You can learn more about how we handle personal information and privacy in the rest of this policy.
Who are we
Data Controller Contact Details
We try our level best to respond to you within a reasonable time.
When you reach us for Studying Abroad
International Education Information, Advice and Counseling
We will be offering you and assisting you to study abroad with necessary counseling, assistance for application and visa, English language testing and training, student exhibitions and seminars, and other miscellaneous services.
Personal information such as your name, email address, contact information, country of residence, nationality, preferred study destination, and intended study time will be collected if you sign up for an account on one of our websites (www.careerclinic.com), an app, or an event.
We may also request additional information, such as education qualifications, employment history, occupation, areas of interest, and professional memberships, copies of documents as proof of identity (such as copies of passports, proof of citizenship, or photographs), marital status, and how you will fund your studies, if you enquire about study opportunities directly with a Career Clinic counselor, use our Offer in Principle service, or we assist you with your application to study. We might also ask for sensitive information about you, like your racial or ethnic origin (from information about your country of origin) and/or information about your health or medical timeline/history (for example: from a medical exam you had to get in order to apply for an Australian visa).
While we hold your personal information, we can do the following by default:
- Assist you in pursuing the scope to study in a country other than your home country;
- Give you relevant information about your potential options for studying;
- Present yourself as a candidate to your preferred educational institutions across the globe, who are looking for international students who want to study in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand or around the globe;
- Match you with course openings at your preferred institution and make preliminary offers;
- Assist you in advancing your career after completing your education at an abroad institute;
- Provide scopes to you as consultants to participate in projects or programs;
- Inform students, institutions, and other clients of developments in the services we provide (including events and scopes to participate in projects or programs);
- Provide scopes to give feedback and testimonials on your experience.
- Conduct statistical, analytical, and instructional research;
- Manage events and internal business operations;
- And reply to your inquiries.
Student Essentials Services
These services, which we refer to as Student Essentials, are provided by third parties on behalf of Career Clinic to assist you in your overseas studies. Overseas Student Health Cover (OHSC), accommodations, a 24-hour emergency helpline, referrals to guardianship services, services for visa applications, and career skills training are among these services.
We may collect sensitive information, such as your health or medical information, and personal information, such as your name, date of birth, financial information, only if you purchase a Student Essentials Service. We may also collect payment information, but the organization does not keep credit card information.
Accumulation of your personal information and sensitive information (such as your health or medical information) by default permits us to:
- All pertinent information regarding your OHSC should be provided to the health insurance provider you have chosen;
- Facilitate arrangements for your lodging with third-party providers;
- At per your overseas guardianship application, get in touch with the appropriate organizations, authorities, or other third parties;
- Respond to your interrogation or direct it when you call the Career Clinic 24/7 Helpline;
- Providing access for the Department of Home Affairs (DHA) with all pertinent information necessary for a parent visa application or a visa renewal;
- Contact institutions or other organizations in overseas on your behalf to arrange visits, internship placements, or training in career skills;
- Arrange or offer you auxiliary products and services.
Visa application services for Australian visas
For Australian visas, we offer visa application services that include assisting you in preparing the necessary documents for your nominated visa application and guiding you through the application process. Not only do these visa application services handle applications for study-related visas, but they also handle applications for work visas and skilled migration visas.
We are able to amass sensitive and personal information about you, (such as information from your medical examination):
- Assist you in submitting your application for a student visa in Australia, including making the necessary contacts on your behalf with the Department of Home Affairs (DHA) and other organizations to discuss your application;
- Give the Department of Home Affairs (DHA) all of the necessary information for your visa application;
- On your behalf, get in touch with the DHA or other organizations to talk about or ask questions about your visa application;
- And inform you of the outcome of your visa application and keep you informed of its progress or otherwise the status of it.
The goal of Career Clinic is to create a global community of connected students from the classroom to the workplace. This indicates that we would like to communicate with you for as long as you would like, but we will only keep your information for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was provided.
We will keep your personal information for up to seven years as a guide, unless we are required to retain it for legal or regulatory reasons, after you begin your studies or complete your last activity with us.
In your dealings with Hotcourses for studying overseas
When you reach us for your IELTS
For the purpose of providing the IELTS test, …. joint Data Controller with the other IELTS Owners—the British Council and Cambridge English Language Assessment.
The IELTS test is offered and administered by us at test centers all over the world. There are IELTS test centers in over 140 countries, including Europe, Asia, North America, South America, Africa, and the Middle East. Some of these IELTS test centers are run and managed by IELTS Australia, while others are run and managed by the British Council, which you might be referring to.
When you reach us for Conferences and Events
Career Clinic organizes a variety of conferences and events that are related to international education as well as English language instruction and testing. These events and conferences may be managed or presented by Career Clinic or the IELTS Owners, either on our own or under contract for another organization. The information we gather is pertinent to your participation and attendance.
We collect personal information from you when you register for or participate in an event, such as your name, address, email address, date of birth, contact information, residency status, educational qualifications, employment history, occupation, interests, and professional memberships.
Because we collect personal information from you, we by default may:
- Formally invite you to the event;
- Provide you with services related to the event, such as putting your name on the program as a speaker or in our exhibitor directory as an exhibitor or sponsor;
- Respond to your inquiries before and after the event;
- Keep you up to date on the event you registered for as well as any upcoming events;
- Manage our event-related activities, including meeting any legal requirements;
- Gather customer feedback on our services in order to create new or improved ones;
- Collect usage data for our website and app in order to monitor their performance;
- And, if necessary, process payments for event-related services and products, such as accommodation deposits and payments, additional social event tickets, etc.
Global Alumni Convention (GAC)
If you reach to us English Language Education or Schools
With 10 campuses in Cambodia and Vietnam, Career Clinic is a leading provider of English language teaching (ELT) in South Asia. It offers everything from short IELTS preparation courses to extensive business English programs in English.
For International Education Market and Research and Insights
International education market research and insights
Career Clinic conducts market research to obtain feedback from customers, potential customers, and other stakeholders as part of our commitment to the English language testing and international education industries.
The data gathered during a research project can be put to use for an array of purposes, including testing how people react to products, services, or communications, understanding decision-making processes, measuring customer satisfaction, and developing new products or services.
We may send you an email to invite you to participate in our research if you already have a relationship with Career Clinic. You may also be invited to participate in research via social media or other similar channels if you are not a customer.
According to the terms and conditions of the prize draw, we collect personal information from research participants so that we can either give them an incentive or notify them if they win a prize.
For market research, we do not keep any personally identifiable information. According to the terms and conditions of the prize draw, we may keep contact information we collect for prize draws for up to six months to allow for a redraw if necessary.
Other Negotiations with Career Clinic
You can also deal with Career Clinic in the following ways:
- Expressing your desire to work as a consultant or an employee.
- Registering for an Career Clinic service, such as the Graduate Recruitment Service; or
- As an educational institution's agent.
- When we collect your information, we will provide specific notice. Any personal information that is not requested will be safely destroyed.
How We Collect Personal Information
We will only use fair and legal methods to gather personal information. A third party, such as a licensee or representative authorized by us to provide you with services, or you, or your authorized representative, may provide personal information. You can give us your personal information in person when you use our apps, websites, and other digital tools, or when you talk to us online through your Facebook or Twitter account.
We do not collect sensitive or personal information unless it is absolutely necessary for our business operations. Before collecting any sensitive information, we will seek your permission.
In order for us to provide you with our services, you will need to identify yourself when dealing with us; consequently, we do not accept the use of pseudonyms.
The Way in Which We Use and Disclose Personal Information
We will only use or disclose your personal information for the intended purposes. We will only use or disclose your information in accordance with your consent, your reasonable expectation, or as permitted by law.
We may use your personal information for our own direct marketing, but we will make sure you can stop receiving such communications in the future.
We deliver advertisements to Facebook users based on email addresses, phone numbers, and visits to our websites and apps using Facebook Custom and Lookalike Audiences. We may use the information we get from you to show ads to our intended user base.
Disclosure to others
When you have requested our assistance in applying for study at those institutions or when disclosure is required for verification purposes, we may disclose your personal information to overseas recipients such as education institutions located outside of your home country, overseas visa agencies, IELTS test centers, professional bodies and commercial organizations, or regulatory authorities. As a result, the specific institutions to which you apply or where such verification is required will determine where these overseas recipients are located.
In order to provide you with IELTS testing services, we may disclose information to overseas recipients and transfer it offshore to the other IELTS Owners (British Council and Cambridge). The Data Protection Act (UK) applies to these recipients, which are businesses based in the United Kingdom. We place restrictions on how the data can be used and safeguards in place to prevent unauthorized access to the data when we send it to people in other countries.
We may, with your consent, provide sponsors with some of the information gathered from the online registration form for conferences or events for marketing purposes, such as your name and email address.
As part of our business, we may transfer your information to one of the Career Clinic IT servers where some of our IT systems and data are hosted. These servers are not in Australia or the UK.
In addition to your home country, Career Clinic may store or transfer the data we collect to the following countries:
- United States
- United Kingdom
- New Zealand
Only the information required to provide you with our services is stored and accessed. Data that is transferred to offshore servers is subject to use restrictions and security measures to prevent unauthorized access.
Any information you have provided us with in order to provide the relevant services is included in the information that is disclosed to overseas recipients. By using our services, you authorize us to transfer your personal information to the aforementioned overseas recipient. Career Clinic employs standard protection clauses in our contracts and a Career Clinic Group Data Transfer agreement to ensure that adequate safeguards are in place for the transfer of your personal information.
The steps we take to protect and keep secure the personal information we hold
The personal information we hold is shielded from interference, loss, unauthorized access, use, modification, or disclosure, as well as other forms of misuse, by taking appropriate organizational and technical measures.
We take the following actions:
- Computer technology, personnel, and process-based security measures like firewalls, network security configurations, encryption, and the use of passwords, among others, in locations where electronic information is held;
- Regular updates to security configurations and systems to guard against malicious activity on our systems;
- Limiting the access to data to only those employees who need it to run our business;
- Training and ensuring that all of our employees are required to treat personal information we hold as confidential as a condition of employment.
- However, you should be aware that the internet is not a secure environment if you send us information electronically. While we make every effort to provide a safe way to receive information, we are unable to completely safeguard personal information before it reaches us.
Unless we are required by law to retain a copy of the personal information or the information is contained in a Commonwealth record, we will destroy, delete it in a secure manner, or ensure that the information is de-identified in accordance with our information destruction and de-identification policy when the personal information that we collect is no longer required.
Unless there is a valid reason under the Privacy Act or the Data Protection Act for us to withhold the information, you have the right to request access to any personal information we hold about you.
Some valid reasons are:
We have good reason to believe that serious misconduct or illegal activity has taken place, and granting access would likely impede the implementation of appropriate measures;
or granting access would reveal evaluative information that we have generated in connection with a process that is commercially sensitive.
Please contact us so that we can update our records if your personal information changes or if you believe the information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete, or out-of-date.
Right to erasure
We will delete all of the data we have for you that we are not required by law to keep, upon your request.
Right to restrict processing
When you have exercised one of the aforementioned rights, you have the right to restrict processing; however, processing your request may take some time. For instance: You have the right to request restriction until your information is updated when you contact us to update it.
Right to withdraw consent
You can opt out of any processing activities for which you have given your consent at any time by unsubscribing from communications from us or by contacting https://careerclinic.com/.
Right to object
You have the right to object to the use of your personal data.
Right to not be subject to automated decisions and profiling
Our processing systems are not entirely automated, and no decisions are made without human input. When we process data to analyze or predict behavior, we will always ask for your explicit consent when it involves your personal information.
Right to data portability
In the event that you decide to transfer your personal data to a different data controller, you are entitled to request the data you have provided to us in a machine-readable format if you provided it with your consent or under the contact obligations.
Making a request
The Career Clinic Privacy Officer can be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org with requests for access to, correction of, or other privacy rights outlined above. Within a reasonable amount of time, responses to all requests will be provided in writing. Before providing access or making any changes, we will verify the identity of the person requesting the information as part of this procedure. We will respond to your request with an explanation if we are unable to fulfill it.
Filing a complaint if you are unsatisfied about how we have treated with or are treating with your personal information
We have procedures in place to handle your concerns and interrogations.
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions about our policy or a complaint about how we treat your privacy.
You have the right to file a complaint if you believe we have violated your privacy or misappropriated your data.
B-504, Tower B, Ithum, Sector 62,
Noida, UP, 201301
Updates to this Policy
When we work with your personal information, we want there to be no surprises. If we have your email address and make significant changes to the policy, we will notify you via email of those changes, explaining how they may affect you and reminding you of your privacy rights.
- Cambridge means Cambridge Assessment English
- Career Clinic, as appropriate, refers to Education Limited (ACN ) and its related Career Clinic entities.
- The International English Language Testing System is referred to as IELTS.
- The British Council, Cambridge, and IDP (through its subsidiary IELTS Australia Pty Ltd), who collectively own the IELTS test, are referred to as "IELTS Owners."
- Whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not, personal information refers to information or an opinion about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable.
- The Privacy Act of 1988 (Cth) is referred to here.
- Information or an opinion about a person's racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership in a professional or trade association, a criminal record that is also personal information, health information about a person, biometric information used for automated biometric verification or identification, or biometric templates are all examples of sensitive information.
- Members of the Career Clinic Group are referred to as "we," "us," and "our."
More About Study Abroad
we assist students in their future venture of overseas study & career. We are an organization that has professionals with an aim to provide student visas, counseling, admission process, merit & funding issues, and all the needed official assistance. We briefly consider the academic...
we assist students in their future venture of overseas study & career. We are an organization that has professionals with an aim to provide student visas, counseling, admission process, merit & funding issues, and all the needed official assistance. We briefly consider the academic transcripts, work experience and future goals of the international students to select the preferred university and country for their higher education prospects based on their profile, climatic conditions, fee- structure, academic requirements and career objectives. We mentor throughout the process of availing scholarships, fee-waiver and student aid while studying overseas. Our think tank has versatile knowledge for example, on business, studies and tourism.